BBQ Bacon Beans
Skill level Easy
Serves 6 – 8
A tasty alternative to baked beans, this recipe will spice up your jacket potatoes no end.
2 tsp olive oil
2 celery sticks
1 small onion
1 small red pepper, deseeded
8 rashers rindless streaky bacon, chopped
2 tsp BBQ Spice
500g carton passata
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
410g can borlotti beans
410g can cannellini beans
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Finely chop the celery sticks, onion and red pepper and gently fry until soft, about 10 mins.
2. Set the softened veg aside and fry the bacon in the same pan until golden and crisp. Tip in the BBQ Spice and cook for 1 min.
3. Pour in passata, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce and the softened veg and stir well.
4. Rinse and drain the borlotti beans and cannellini beans. Tip into the pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins.
5. Season to taste and serve with jacket potatoes.