Indian Chicken Salad
Skill level Easy
Tandoori chicken is an all-time Indian great - team with coriander salad with cooling mango and coconut.
4 large skinless chicken breasts
1 heaped tbsp Tandoori Masala Spice powder
bunch coriander, stalks chopped and leaves separated
zest and juice 1 lime
175ml coconut milk
2 heaped tbsp mango chutney
½ cucumber, peeled lengthways into ribbons
150g bag baby spinach leaves
1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
4 poppadoms, broken into chunky pieces
1. Lay the chicken breasts in between a double layer of cling film and bash out using a rolling pin until about 1cm thick.
2. Rub with the Tandoori Spice and some seasoning.
3. With a griddle pan over a medium heat, cook the chicken for about 3-5 mins on each side until cooked through.
4. To make the dressing, mix together the coriander stalks, lime zest and juice, coconut milk and mango chutney until you have a pourable dressing – then season.
5. Arrange the salad ingredients on a big platter. When the chicken is cooked, slice it and add to the salad. Then drizzle on some dressing, scatter with coriander and poppadum pieces and serve.