Chicken & chorizo paella
Cooks In 50 minutes
Skill level Easy
2 cloves of garlic
15 g fresh flat-leaf parsley
100 g chorizo
2 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon Paella Spice
1 red pepper
1 tablespoon tomato purée
1 cube chicken stock
300 g paella rice
100 g frozen peas
200 g frozen peeled cooked prawns
1. Peel and finely slice the garlic, peel and roughly chop the onion and carrot.
2. Finely chop the parsley stalks, then roughly chop the chorizo and chicken thighs.
3. Put a glug of oil into a large lidded shallow casserole or paella pan on a medium heat, add the garlic, onion, carrot, parsley stalks, chorizo, chicken and paprika, and fry for around 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
4. Deseed and chop the pepper, then add to the pan for a further 5 minutes.
5. Stir through the tomato purée and Paella Spice, then add the rice and stir for a couple of minutes so it starts to absorb all that lovely flavour.
6. Pour in 750ml of boiling water and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Pop the lid on and bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly from the outside in and from the inside out, and adding water if needed.
7. Stir in the peas and prawns, replace the lid, and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until hot through. Season to perfection, then chop the parsley leaves, scatter them over the paella, and serve with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over.
8. If you want to impress even more with this dish add 6 mussels, 6 clams and any extra bits of fish when you add