Piri-piri fish & chips with spicy peas
Skill level Easy
Servings Serves 2
Give a traditional staple a spicy kick with some chilli marinade and minty peas. Use any white fish- cod or sea bass work well.
375g potatoes, cut into chips
1 tbsp olive oil
juice ½ lemon
2 tbsp piri-piri marinade
300g frozen peas
1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
½ garlic clove, crushed
handful mint leaves, finely chopped
2 cod fillets
2 tsp Piri-piri spice
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Toss the chips with half the olive oil and half the lemon juice, arrange in a layer on a baking tray, then season.
3. Cook for 25 mins. Stir the remaining lemon juice into the marinade.
4. Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the peas for 2-3 mins, then drain. Return the peas to the empty pan and crush with the chilli, garlic, mint and the remaining oil. Season and keep warm.
5. After 25 mins, turn the potatoes and move to the edges of the tray. Add the fish, skin-side up, and spoon over the Piri piri Spice marinade.
6. Cook for another 10-12 mins until the fish is cooked through. 7. Serve with the smashed peas.